Thursday 15 April 2010

What a Week!!

I'll say it again, What a Week!! It's been great :0)

Where do I start? Chainmaille....
Well, I've been working on combining more sterling silver and niobium (in different colours) to add to my byzantine collections. I'm really pleased with the colours. I'm normally a purple/pink lover, but the dark blues have really caught my eye this time. Plus, it was the dark blue that Helen chose as her prize in my '200' fan giveaway. Again, well done Helen and thank you so much for being a fan.
While spreading the Link Love on facebook a couple of weeks ago, I came across a site TataniaRosa where I discovered these wonderful tatting designs by Heather Buckman. I loved them so much that I just had to put in an order right away.

At the top of the picture is a beautiful black cuff with swarovski crystals which will be tied behind MY wrist (time to spoil me I think!) with a red ribbon.... gorgeous :0)

For the pendants, I'm planning to add them to chainmaille chokers and am aiming for the gothic look. I shall hopefully be sharing some pics of my makes within the next week or so. You can click on the following link to get to Heather's site http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/TataniaRosa?ref=sgm you really won't be disappointed.
Also.... I've been a busy bee on facebook this week ..... I found another site KSK Jewelry Designs run by a lovely lady called Kim Kaye who makes fantastic jewellery designs in a variety of mediums including PMC (precious metal clay), Swarovski crystal and as my picture shows, teeny tiny animal bones. These particular ones were apparently taken from an owl pellet. They were bleached and sterilised all by Kim herself before being put into the vial, how wonderful! I hear some of you groaning, but I've always wanted the opportunity to explore owl pellets. I just think that the way mother nature works is totally amazing. You can find more of Kim's designs by clicking on this link. http://www.facebook.com/KSKJewelryDesigns?v=app_169505045786&ref=mf#!/KSKJewelryDesigns?v=wall&ref=mf Again, you won't be disappointed. And once my little vial of bones has arrived, I'll show you what I'm planning to do with it.
Well, I could go on for hours (my friends and family will all agree on that!!), but considering it's 4:30 in the morning, and I'm not sure if I'm actually going to get my post to 'post' properly, think I'll stop here and wish you all a wonderful day.
I'm going to be making a chainmaille snake chain otherwise known as a Half Persian 4-1 chain today, Ooh I can't wait to get started....
By for now
Keep Smiling
Naomi :0)xx




4 comments:

  1. Naomi! These Byzantine patterns for the jewelry you are creating are scrumptious and FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, thankyou. I must admit I'm going to HAVE to make myself one. Hehehe, the perks of working for yourself :)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is what happens when I spend a day wrangling w/ a stubborn necklace & ignore Facebook! Thank you SO much for including me in your post - what a nice thing to wake up to!! I can't wait to see what you do w/ that vial & I love that you find owl pellets & the like as fascinating as I do. I've had so much fun identifying bones on a classroom owl pellet dissection bone chart I found online!

    Heather's work is so lovely & I also can't wait to see your chainmaille combined w/ her pendants as a choker! What an awesome idea! I really think your sterling/niobium combination is brilliant - such a gorgeous look. Chainmaille must be very fussy work, but what incredible pieces you create!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, especially since it features 3 artists I really admire. Beautiful pieces for each and everyone. You are stuck with me now ;)

    ReplyDelete